So, you want to start a design project.
Let us share our knowledge and expertise in the industry to give you reliable, professional service with a rewarding outcome.
Here is an overview of what you can expect.
There are a few things we like to know beforehand so we can make the most of your time during our first meeting:
- Renovation or New Construction.
- Which areas or rooms are you wanting designs for.
- What type of services are you looking for. Do you require space planning,
finishes + fixtures, furniture + accessories, millwork or fireplace designs.
- What is the square footage of your space(s).
- Do you have a contractor/builder in mind. If not, we have working relationships with reputable Builders that we are happy to refer.
- Your preferred construction start date + budget.
- If possible, please send us a copy of your existing plans for us to reference.
Introduction + Wishlist
The first step is a consultation with our team to discuss and understand your goals.
A few things to start thinking about are:
- How you use the space, what would you like to accomplish with the new design
- Your design style / aesthetics
From this consultation we will determine the scope of work and provide you with a design package quotation tailored to your needs.
Creating Your Space
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work, we will move on to start designing your space.
These are a few steps you can expect to happen:
- Site measure of your existing space inputted into CAD.
- Preliminary space plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough sketches and elevations of feature design elements
- Client/Designer meeting to review options or make changes.
Following the approval of the preliminary designs, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalized plans + interior elevations
- Finalized millwork details + design features
- Reviews of shop drawings
- Source finishes + fixtures
We will wrap up this phase with a Presentation Meeting for you to review and sign off on final plans, finishes + fixtures.
Completed Interior Design Package
Once all designs have been finalized and signed off, we will provide you with a complete interior design package for pricing, ordering and construction.
- Completed set of Interior Design Drawings
Drawing Set Includes: Demolition, Construction, Ceiling, Lighting + Electrical, Finishes + Furniture Plans, Elevations + Sections
- Specification Package for finishes + fixtures to coordinate with design drawings
Building Permit Package (If applicable)
- We will provide you with a complete Building Permit drawing package for final sign off.
From Design Concept to Reality
Once all documentation is complete, it’s time to bring your project to life. We will work with other trades and professionals, keeping your project on budget and on schedule.
- Gather quotes and manage budget with updates to Client
- Correspondence + Coordination with Builder/Contractor + Trades
- Manage schedule
- Order finishes + fixtures and coordinate deliveries + installations
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and correct design implementation
- Final walkthrough upon completion
- Provide project inventory / budget summary
FURNITURE + ACCESSORIES
The Finishing Touches
Furniture and accessories are the final element needed to create a complete and cohesive design project.
Taking into account your personal style we will:
- Source furniture, Artwork and accessories for you to review and approve
- Place orders and coordinate deliveries + set-up
- Manage budget and provide project inventory / budget summary
A successful project relies on a great team.
We would love to get in touch and discuss your project.