So, you want to start a design project.
Let us share our knowledge and expertise in the industry to give you reliable, professional service with a rewarding outcome.
Here is an overview of what you can expect.
There are a few things we like to know beforehand so we can make the most of your time during our first meeting:
- Renovation or New Construction?
- Which areas,or rooms, or offices, do you want designs for?
- What type of services are you looking for? Do you require space planning?
- What is the square footage of your space(s)?
- Do you have a contractor/builder in mind? If not, our designers have working relationships with reputable builders that we are happy to refer.
- Your preferred construction start date and budget?
- If possible, please send us a copy of your existing plans for us to reference.
1. DESIGN PROGRAMME
Introduction + Wishlist
The first step is a consultation with our team to discuss and understand your goals.
A few things to start thinking about are:
- How you use the space, what would you like to accomplish with the new design
- Your design style / aesthetics
- Your budget and timeline
From this consultation we will determine the scope of work and provide you with a Design Services Proposal tailored to your project.
2. SCHEMATIC DESIGN
Creating Your Space
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work, we will move on to start designing your space.
Here are a few steps you can expect to happen with your Interior Designer:
- Site measure of your existing space is inputted into our CAD system
- Preliminary space plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough sketches and elevations of feature design elements
- Two reviews of preliminary designs to make enhancements and changes
3. DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
Following the approval of the preliminary designs, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalized plans and interior elevations
- Finalized millwork details + design features
- Reviews of shop drawings
- Source finishes and fixtures
- Two reviews of finishes, and one review of fixtures before final sign-off/approval.
We will wrap up this phase with a Presentation Meeting for you to review and sign off on final plans, finishes + fixtures.
4. CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTATION
Completed Interior Design Package
Once all designs have been finalized and signed off, we will provide you with a complete Interior Design Drawings and Specification Package for pricing, ordering and construction, which includes the following:
- Completed set of Interior Design Drawings, which includes: Demolition, New Construction, Ceiling, Lighting and Electrical, Finishes and Furniture Plans, and Millwork Drawings/Elevations
- Specification Package for finishes and fixtures to coordinate with design drawings
- Complete Building Permit drawing package for final sign off (If applicable)
5. PROJECT MANAGEMENT
From Design Concept to Reality
Once all documentation is complete, it’s time to turn your design concept into reality. We will work with other trades and professionals, keeping your project on budget and on schedule.
- Gather quotes and manage budget with updates to Client
- Correspondence and Coordination with Builder-Contractor-Trades
- Manage schedule
- Order finishes and fixtures and coordinate deliveries and installations
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and correct design implementation
- Final walk through upon completion
- Provide Project Inventory/Budget Summary
6. FURNITURE + ACCESSORIES
The Finishing Touches
Furniture and accessories are the final element needed to create a complete and cohesive design project. Taking into account your personal style we will:
- Provide Furniture and Accessories Plan to correspond with Furniture Specifications
- Source furniture, artwork, drapery and accessories for you to review and approve
- Provide Furniture Specifications
- Place orders and coordinate deliveries, installations and set-up
- Manage budget and provide Project Inventory/Budget Summary
A successful project relies on a great team.
We would love to get in touch and discuss your project.