We offer a comprehensive range of services for commercial exterior and interior design:
- Space Planning and Furniture Plans
- Retail Store Plans
- Office Plans
- Interior Design for Offices
- Leasehold and Tenant Improvements
- Reflected Ceiling Plans: Lighting and Electrical Plans
- Working Drawings for Building Permit and Construction
- Custom Millwork Design & Drawings (for Reception/Sales Desks, Storage Built-ins, Kitchens and Bathroom Vanities)
- Interior Finish and Material Selection and Specifications
- Doors, Mouldings and Hardware Selection and Specifications
- Lighting Fixture Selection and Specifications
- Plumbing Fixture Selection and Specifications
- Specification Documents and Finish schedule
- Furniture, Artwork and Accessory Sourcing/Purchasing
- Project Management
Interior Design Process
Our Designers adapt as each Project and Client are unique. With numerous projects completed, we have streamlined the process into five steps for successful implementation. Here are the main questions we like to ask beforehand, so we can make the most of your time during our first meeting:
- Renovation or New Construction?
- Which areas, rooms or offices are you wanting designs for?
- What type of services are you looking for. Do you require space planning?
- What is the square footage of your office space(s).
- Do you have a contractor/builder in mind. If not, our designers have working relationships with reputable builders that we are happy to refer.
- Your preferred construction start date and +
- If applicable, please send us a copy of your existing plans for us to reference.
With answers to the questions listed above, our Designers can get to work and map out a detailed strategy for implementation.
Interior Design Process
1. Design Programme
Introduction and Wish List
Our team will meet with you in your space for a one-on-one Design Consultation to discuss and understand your goals. Here are the things we will go over in our consult:
- Review of your space – It is helpful to have the plans of your space
- Project goals – How you use the space and what would you like to accomplish with the new design
- Your personal design style – Photos, Pinterest Boards or Houzz Ideabooks
- Your budget and timeline
From this Consultation, we will determine the Scope of Work and provide you with a Design Services Proposal tailored to your project.
2. Schematic Design
Creating Your Space
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work, we will move on to start designing and creating your space.
Here are a few steps you can expect to happen with your Interior Designer:
- Site measure of your existing space is inputted into our CAD system
- Preliminary space plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough sketches and elevations of feature design elements
- Two reviews of preliminary designs to make enhancements and changes
3. Design Development
Following the approval of the preliminary designs, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalized plans and interior elevations
- Finalized millwork details + design features
- Reviews of shop drawings
- Source finishes and fixtures
- Two reviews of finishes, and one review of fixtures before final sign-off/approval.
We will wrap up this phase with a Presentation Meeting for you to review and sign off on final plans, finishes and fixtures.
4. Construction Documentation
Completed Design Package
Once all designs have been finalized and signed off, we will provide you with a complete Interior Design Drawing and Specification Package for pricing, ordering and construction/Building Permit, which includes the following:
- Completed set of Interior Design Drawings, which includes: Demolition, New Construction, Ceiling, Lighting and Electrical, Finishes and Furniture Plans, and Millwork Drawings/Elevations
- Specification Package for finishes and fixtures to coordinate with design drawings
- Complete Building Permit drawing package for final sign off (If applicable)
5. Furniture, Artwork and Accessories
The Finishing Touches
Furniture and accessories are the final element needed to create a complete and cohesive design project. Taking into account your personal style we will:
- Provide Furniture and Accessories Plan to correspond with Furniture Specifications
- Source furniture, artwork, drapery and accessories for you to review and approve
- Provide Furniture Specifications
- Place orders and coordinate deliveries, installations and set-up
- Manage budget and provide project inventory/budget summary
Why Concept to Design?
Our designers are certified professionals and have a proven track record for creative design. We get the project done right.
Instead of stressing out over the logistics , our designers can handle part or all of your project, so you can keep running your business.
Take advantage of our complimentary introductory phone consultation for your commercial interior design.