The benefit of using Concept to Design is our Designers know what works and what doesn’t.. Our designers know what works and what doesn’t. We strive to give your business a fresh look within your budget, without compromising on style.
We offer a comprehensive range of services for commercial exterior and interior design:
- Retail Store Plans
- Interior Design for Offices
- Leasehold improvements
- Building Permit Plans
- Office Plans
- Reflected Ceiling Plans (Lighting)
- Lighting and Plumbing Fixtures
- Furniture Plans
- Finish Specifications
- Project Management
- Millwork Design & Drawings
Interior Design Process
Our Designers adapt as each Project and Client is unique. With numerous projects completed, we have streamlined the steps for a simple design process. Here are the main questions we like to ask beforehand, so we can make the most of your time during our first meeting:
- Renovation or New Construction?
- Which areas, rooms or offices are you wanting designs for?
- What type of services are you looking for. Do you require space planning?
- What is the square footage of your office space(s).
- Do you have a contractor/builder in mind. If not, our designers have working relationships with reputable builders that we are happy to refer.
- Your preferred construction start date + budget.
- If applicable, a copy of your existing plans for us to reference.
With answers to the questions listed above, our Designers can get to work and map out a detailed strategy for implementation.
1. Introduction and Wish List
We begin with a consultation with our Team to discuss and understand your goals.
A few things to start thinking about are:
- How you use the space, what would you like to accomplish with the new design
- Your design style – aesthetics
- Budget and Timeline
From this consultation we will determine the scope of work and provide you with a design package quotation tailored to your specific needs.
2. Schematic Design
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work, we will move on to start designing and creating your space.
Here are a few steps you can expect to happen with your Interior Designer:
- Site measure of your existing space is inputted into our CAD system
- Preliminary space plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough sketches and elevations of feature design elements
- Client – Designer meeting to review options or make changes
3. Interior Design Development
Following the approval of the preliminary designs, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalized plans and interior elevations
- Finalized millwork details + design features
- Reviews of shop drawings
- Source finishes and fixtures
We will wrap up this phase with a Presentation Meeting for you to review and sign off on final plans, finishes and fixtures.
4. Interior Construction Documentation
Once all designs have been finalized and signed off, we will provide you with a complete interior design package for pricing, ordering and construction, which includes the following:
- Completed set of Interior Design Drawings
- Drawing Set Includes: Demolition, Construction, Ceiling, Lighting and Electrical, Finishes and Furniture Plans, Elevations and Sections
- Specification Package for finishes and fixtures to coordinate with design drawings
- Complete Building Permit Drawing Package for final sign off (If applicable)
5. Project Management
Once all documentation is complete, it’s time to turn your design concept into reality. We will work with other trades and professionals, keeping your project on budget and on schedule.
- Gather quotes and manage budget with updates to Client
- Correspondence + Coordination with Builder/Contractor + Trades
- Manage schedule
- Order finishes + fixtures and coordinate deliveries + installations
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and correct design implementation
- Final walk through upon completion
- Provide project inventory – budget summary
6. Interior Furniture and Accessories
Furniture and accessories are the finishing touches needed to create a complete and cohesive design project. Taking into account your brand we will:
- Source furniture, artwork and accessories for you to review and approve
- Place orders and coordinate deliveries and set-up
- Manage budget and provide project inventory / budget summary
Why Concept to Design?
There are many reasons why you should go with Concept to Design. The prime reason is our designers are certified professionals. Our designers have a proven track record for creative design. We get the project done right the first time.
Instead of stressing out over the logistics , our designers can handle part or all of your project, so you can keep running your business.
Take advantage of our free introductory consultation for your new commercial interior design.