Our Designers have decades of experience in renovations and new construction. In addition to interior design we offer a wide range of designing services, including custom house plans, building permit construction drawings, architectural design consulting and numerous other related services. Our experience in all aspects of construction and renovations sets us apart from other Interior Designers.
Interior Design Services
Our versatile interior designers always strive for perfection and beautiful spaces. Creativity is only part of the formula for a successful interior design, the rest is up to careful planning, communication and experience. Here is a list of the services offered by our Interior Designers:
- Detailed scope of work
- Space planning and Furniture layouts
- Reflected ceiling plans (lighting)
- Working drawings
- Custom millwork drawings
- Material and Finish selection
- Specification documents and Finish schedule
- Furniture, artwork and accessory sourcing/purchasing
- Kitchen design
- Custom show suites
- Presentation sample boards
- Project Management
Concept to Design can handle all or part of your renovation or new construction project. Let us share our knowledge and expertise in the industry to give you reliable, professional service with a rewarding outcome. We are a full service exterior and interior design company.
Interior Designer Process
Our Designers adapt as each Project and Client is unique, but with numerous projects completed, we have streamlined the steps for a successful implementation and design. Here are the main questions we like to ask beforehand, to make the most of your time during your first meeting with one of our Interior Designers:
- Renovation or New Construction?
- Which areas, rooms, or offices, do you want designs for?
- What type of services are you looking for? Do you require space planning?
- What is the square footage of your space(s)?
- Do you have a contractor/builder in mind? If not, our designers have working relationships with reputable builders that we are happy to refer.
- Your preferred construction start date and budget?
- If possible, a copy of your existing plans for us to reference.
Interior Design Steps
With answers to the questions listed above, our designers take the first step to formulate the strategy to ensure success. The first step enables our designers to apply their creative talents and lay out the services needed for a successful project.
Introduction and Wish List
The first step is a consultation with our team to discuss and understand your goals.
A few things to start thinking about are:
- How you use the space, what would you like to accomplish with the new design
- Your design style / aesthetics
From this consultation we will determine the scope of work and provide you with a design package quotation tailored to your specific needs.
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work, we will move on to start designing and creating your space.
Here are a few steps you can expect to happen with your Interior Designer:
- Site measure of your existing space is inputted into our CAD system
- Preliminary space plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough sketches and elevations of feature design elements
- Client – Designer meeting to review options or make changes
Interior Design Development
Following the approval of the preliminary designs, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalized plans and interior elevations
- Finalized millwork details + design features
- Reviews of shop drawings
- Source finishes and fixtures
We will wrap up this phase with a Presentation Meeting for you to review and sign off on final plans, finishes and fixtures.
Interior Construction Documentation
Once all designs have been finalized and signed off, we will provide you with a complete interior design package for pricing, ordering and construction, which includes the following:
- Completed set of Interior Design Drawings
- Drawing Set Includes: Demolition, Construction, Ceiling, Lighting and Electrical, Finishes and Furniture Plans, Elevations and Sections
- Specification Package for finishes and fixtures to coordinate with design drawings
- complete Building Permit drawing package for final sign off (If applicable)
Once all documentation is complete, it’s time to turn your design concept into reality. We will work with other trades and professionals, keeping your project on budget and on schedule.
- Gather quotes and manage budget with updates to Client
- Correspondence and Coordination with Builder-Contractor-Trades
- Manage schedule
- Order finishes and fixtures and coordinate deliveries and installations
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and correct design implementation
- Final walk through upon completion
- Provide project inventory – budget summary
Interior Furniture and Accessories
Furniture and accessories are the final element needed to create a complete and cohesive design project.
Taking into account your personal style we will:
- Source furniture, Artwork and accessories for you to review and approve
- Place orders and coordinate deliveries and set-up
- Manage budget and provide project inventory – budget summary
Steps listed above are typical and will vary according to your specific project. We encourage you to take advantage of our free introductory consultation with our interior designers.