Our Designers have decades of experience in renovations and new construction. In addition to interior design we offer a wide range of services, including Custom House Plans, Building Permit Construction Drawings, and Architectural Design Consulting. Concept to Design is recognized for our experience in all aspects of construction and renovations, which sets us apart from other Interior Designers.
Interior Design Services
We strive to understand your lifestyle and needs for your dream space, but listening is only part of the formula for successful interior design. The rest is up to careful planning, communication, experience and of course, creativity. We guide you every step of the way, working through options and making decisions for a design that will be long lasting. Services offered by our Interior Designers:
- Space Planning and Furniture Plans
- Architectural Design Consulting: Exterior detailing and Plan Review
- Reflected Ceiling Plans: Lighting and Electrical Plan
- Home Renovations
- Working Drawings for Building Permit and Construction
- Custom Millwork Design and Drawings (for Fireplaces, Media Storage, Built-ins, Kitchens and Bathroom Vanities)
- Kitchen Design and Renovations: Cabinet Design and Layout / Drawing Review
- Exterior Finish and Material Selection and Specifications
- Interior Finish and Material Selection and Specifications
- Doors, Mouldings and Hardware Selection and Specifications
- Lighting Fixture Selection and Specifications
- Plumbing Fixture Selection and Specifications
- Specification Documents and Finish Schedule
- Furniture, Artwork and Accessory Sourcing/Purchasing
- Move-in Ready: Coordination and Set-up
- Project Management
In addition to the above, we also offer Interior Design Services for Builders and Developers:
- Exterior and Interior Colour Schemes
- Lighting and Plumbing Packages
- Common and Amenity Areas
- Rental Units
- Spec Homes
- Custom Show Suites: Coordination and Set-up
- Presentation and Sales Centers: Coordination and Set-up
- Presentation Sample Boards
Concept to Design can handle all or part of your renovation or new construction project. Let us share our knowledge and expertise in the industry to give you reliable, professional service and a space that compliments your lifestyle.
Interior Design Process
Our Designers adapt as each Project and Client are unique, but with numerous projects completed, we have streamlined the process into six steps for successful implementation. Here are the things we like to know beforehand, to make the most of your time during your first meeting with our Interior Designers:
- Renovation or New Construction?
- Which areas,or rooms, or offices, do you want designs for?
- What type of services are you looking for? Do you require space planning?
- What is the square footage of your space(s)?
- Do you have a contractor/builder in mind? If not, our designers have working relationships with reputable builders that we are happy to refer.
- Your preferred construction start date and budget?
- If possible, send us a copy of your existing plans for us to reference.
Our Design Process
1. Design Programme
Introduction and Wish List
Our team will meet with you in your space for a one-on-one Design Consultation to discuss and understand your goals. Here are the things we will go over in our consult:
- Review of your space – It is helpful to have your house plans
- Project goals – How you use the space and what would you like to accomplish with the new design
- Your personal design style – Photos, Pinterest Boards or Houzz Ideabooks
- Your budget and timeline
From this Consultation, we will determine the Scope of Work and provide you with a Design Services Proposal tailored to your project.
2. Schematic Design
Creating Your Space
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work, we will move on to start designing and creating your space.
Here are a few steps you can expect to happen with your Interior Designer:
- Site measure of your existing space is inputted into our CAD system
- Preliminary space plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough sketches and elevations of feature design elements
- Two reviews of preliminary designs to make enhancements and changes
3. Design Development
Following the approval of the preliminary designs, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalized plans and interior elevations
- Finalized millwork details + design features
- Reviews of shop drawings
- Source finishes and fixtures
- Two reviews of finishes, and one review of fixtures before final sign-off/approval.
We will wrap up this phase with a Presentation Meeting for you to review and sign off on final plans, finishes and fixtures.
4. Construction Documentation
Completed Design Package
Once all designs have been finalized and signed off, we will provide you with a complete Interior Design Drawings and Specification Package for pricing, ordering and construction, which includes the following:
- Completed set of Interior Design Drawings, which includes: Demolition, New Construction, Ceiling, Lighting and Electrical, Finishes and Furniture Plans, and Millwork Drawings/Elevations
- Specification Package for finishes and fixtures to coordinate with design drawings
- Complete Building Permit drawing package for final sign off (If applicable)
5. Project Management
From Concept, to Design, to Reality
Once all documentation is complete, it’s time to turn your design concept into reality. We will work with other trades and professionals, keeping your project on budget and on schedule.
- Gather quotes and manage budget with updates to Client
- Correspondence and Coordination with Builder-Contractor-Trades
- Manage schedule
- Order finishes and fixtures and coordinate deliveries and installations
- Site visits to ensure quality of work and correct design implementation
- Final walk through upon completion
- Provide Project Inventory/Budget Summary
6. Furniture and Accessories
The Finishing Touches
Furniture and accessories are the final element needed to create a complete and cohesive design project. Taking into account your personal style we will:
- Provide Furniture and Accessories Plan to correspond with Furniture Specifications
- Source furniture, artwork, drapery and accessories for you to review and approve
- Provide Furniture Specifications
- Place orders and coordinate deliveries, installations and set-up
- Manage budget and provide Project Inventory/Budget Summary
We encourage you to take advantage of our complimentary introductory phone consultation with our interior designers.