Are you ready to build new, or renovate your existing house into your dream home? Concept to Design designers can help turn your dreams into reality. Concept to Design offers custom home plans and personalized custom home design.
Our certified residential designer has over a decade of experience working with builders, multi-lot developers, city representatives, consultants, trades and suppliers, and home owners. Based in Surrey, we offer house design services throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland. At Concept to Design, versatility, experience and creativity are all part of our services for house design.
House Design Services
Concept to Design can handle all or part of your home design project. Here are just a few of the services offered by our designers to ensure a successful house design:
- Custom home plans
- Renovation plans
- Multi-lot subdivision plan packages
- Renovation drawings
- Preparation of construction drawings for building permits
- Architectural Design Consulting: Exterior detailing and plan review
- Interior house design
Whatever services related to house design you may need, can be handled by Concept to Design.
House Design Process
The process for designing or renovating a house is fairly simple. The logistics involved determine the type of services required. In reality, every housing project is different, with unique challenges. It all starts with some simple questions to determine the services needed for your new house design:
- Project address, lot size and zoning
- Size of home you want to build
- How many square feet-stories, with or without basement
- Any detached or accessory buildings
- What style of home
- Do you have a builder in mind?
- Your preferred construction start date and budget
- If possible, a copy of the existing lot plan for us to reference
Concept to Design has many diverse relationships with reputable professionals. No matter how complicated a project may be, our designers have the resources to make sure your house project is finished on time and on budget. Once we have the answers to the questions above, the logistics are put together in a simple,four step process for your house design.
Our Simple 4 Step Design Program
Step 1 – Introduction and Wish List
The first step is a consultation with one of our team members to discuss and understand your goals.
A few things to start thinking about are:
- How do you want your space to function – what are your must haves?
- Your design style/aesthetics
From this consultation we will determine the scope of work and provide you with a design package quotation tailored to your needs.
Step 2 – Schematic Design
Creating Your Space
After we have determined your goals and our scope of work we will move on to designing your space.
These are a few steps you can expect to happen:
- Site survey of your lot entered into CAD
- Preliminary house plans with consideration given to site conditions
- Rough exterior elevations showing architectural style and feature design elements
Two design reviews of preliminary plans to make enhancements and changes
Step 3 –Design Development
Following the approval of the Preliminary Design, we will finalize plans and work out the design details.
- Finalize plans in CAD.
- Finalize elevations and architectural details
- Technical reviews of final drafts for approval to create Building Permit drawings
Step 4 –Construction Documentation
Completed Design Package
We will provide you with a complete Building Permit drawing package for final sign off.
House Design Building Permit Drawings to include:
- Site Plan
- Floor Plans
- Exterior Elevations
Of course, the steps outlined above are just a brief summary of what you can expect. Give us a call, or schedule your free introductory consultation on our custom house design.