Are you ready to build a new home, or renovate your existing house into your dream home? Let us share our knowledge and expertise in the industry to give you reliable, professional service, to design a home customized for you. Concept to Design offers custom home plans and personalized custom home design.
Our certified residential designer has over a decade of experience working with builders, multi-lot developers, city representatives, consultants, trades, suppliers, and home owners. Based in Surrey, we offer house design services throughout the Vancouver Lower Mainland. We have the, versatility, experience and creativity to give you a one of a kind house design.
House Design Services
Concept to Design can handle all or part of your home design project. Here are the services offered by our designers to ensure a successful house design:
- Custom Home Plans
- Renovation and Addition Plans
- Multi-lot Subdivision Plan Packages
- Drawings for Building Permit and Construction
- Architectural Design Consulting: Exterior Detailing and Plan Review
- Exterior Material and Finish Selections and Specifications
- Interior Design
- Structural Engineer Coordination and Building Permit Drawings Submission
House Design Process
Every housing project is different, with unique challenges. We design with you in mind, focusing on your lifestyle and needs, starting with a one-on-one consultation. Our Design Process is broken down into four phases to provide efficient service, but first there are a few things we like to know beforehand so we can make the most of your time during our first meeting for your new house design:
- Project address, lot size and zoning
- Size of home you want to build (square footage / stories / rooms)
- How many square feet-stories, with or without basement?
- Any detached or accessory buildings?
- What architectural style?
- Do you have a builder in mind?
- Your preferred construction start date and budget
- If possible, please send us a copy of the existing lot plan for us to reference
Our Design Process
1. Design Programme
Introduction and Wish List
Our team will meet with you for a one-on-one Design Consultation to discuss and understand your goals. Here are the things we will go over in our consult:
- Project goals – How do you want your space to function – what are your must haves? – We will give you a checklist to confirm no detail has been overlooked
- Your personal design style – Photos, Pinterest Boards or Houzz Ideabooks
- Your budget and timeline
From this Consultation, we will determine the Scope of Work and provide you with a Design Services Proposal tailored to your project.
2. Schematic Design
Creating Your Space
Once you’ve signed on, we will move on to designing your space with consideration given to your Design Programme and site conditions. This phase is all about getting our vision on paper and providing a Preliminary Design suited to you.
This is what you can expect to happen:
- Site survey of your lot inputted into CAD
- Preliminary Floor Plans
- Preliminary Exterior Elevations showing architectural style and feature design elements
- Preliminary Site Plan and Roof Plan
- Two reviews of Preliminary Designs to make enhancements and changes
3. Design Development
Following the approval of the Preliminary Design, we will continue to work out the design details. This phase includes:
- Finalized Plans, Elevations and architectural elements in CAD adding Dimensions, Notes and Typical Construction Details.
- One review of Drafts Building Permit/Construction Drawings for final approval/sign-off
4. Construction Documentation
Completed Design Package
We will provide you with Final Building Permit/Construction Drawings:
- Site Plan
- Floor Plans + Roof Plan
- Exterior Elevations
- Section(s) + Typical Construction Details
A successful project relies on a great team. We would love to get in touch and discuss your project. Give us a call, or schedule your complimentary introductory phone consultation for your custom house design.